Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Recommended reading: Weed Garden and Thoughts from Kansas


There are millions of bloggers around the world. I’m discovering that there are countless “ordinary people,” meaning those who aren’t famous, who are writing about diverse and interesting things.

Here are two webblogs that I have on my desktop, and a brief explanation of why I’ve chosen to single them out:

Weed Garden, where Bonnie Allen has been posting since August 12, 2005. I’ve known Bonnie for many years because we’ve worked together on public funding of campaigns. Bonnie has been the North Bay (California) leader for the California Clean Money Campaign for several years. Her March 31 post, “The car you drive is a moral issue” is excellent. All of her posts are worth reading. I don’t have a photo of Bonnie, but the weedy field will do.

Thoughts from Kansas, where Joshua Rosenau (photo), a graduate student at the University of Kansas in the department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, has been posting since August 10, 2004.

I had never heard of Thoughts from Kansas until last Saturday night when I was Googling the Pacific Legal Foundation to find out more about it since it’s been in the news related to the leaked report of proposed changes to the Endangered Species Act. After hours of checking each link and at about page 27 in Google, I came across this post dated March 30: Gutting the Endangered Species Act, or how a law becomes policy. What I really liked about it is that it linked me to a document that provided details of the proposed changes and compared them to current Act. I included this link in my April 2 post, “How damaging are the proposed revisions to the Endangered Species Act? – Decide for yourself."

No comments: