Thursday, October 04, 2007

What disaster should I be writing about?

I’m off this evening to my third session of seven sessions of training for our local Community Emergency Response Team, which I posted about here and here. The most likely disaster my community faces is an earthquake because I live in Northern California.

However, I see so many disasters out there that I often struggle about what I should be focusing on. Here’s the short list:

1. Approximately 82% of our votes will be counted on secret software (touchscreen and optical scan voting machines) in the 2008 election;
2. We live on a swiftly melting planet.
3. Giuliani is the frontrunning Republican Presidential candidate
4. At attack on Iran feels more likely than not.

I’ll be back on board tomorrow.

3 comments:

tod said...

Gail,

#2?

#2??

Best be pushin' #2 to #1, as we can't count no stinkin' ballots underwater, now can we?

NUMBER TWO????

My lord. . .

:)

T

tod said...

Gail,

#2?

#2??

Best be pushin' #2 to #1, as we can't count no stinkin' ballots underwater, now can we?

NUMBER TWO????

My lord. . .

:)

T

Gail Jonas said...

You're right, Tod. Deep down inside, despite my getting distracted (to wit, my post today about Tutu's un-invitation to speak at a university in Minnesota), I know that the really, really big issue is global warming.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention in such a graceful way.