Monday, February 26, 2007

A Must-Read: Bush's Future Iran War Speech

As an inveterate reader of anything and everything that Tom Engelhardt* has a hand in, the first thing I read when I returned home this morning is this article at Tomdispatch.com, by Michael Klare, author of Blood and Oil: The Dangers and Consequences of America's Growing Dependence on Imported Petroleum (available in paperback).

Using Bush’s recent speeches, Klare has sifted through what he describes as “lies half-hidden in recent public statements…” to put together three “talking points” for the next war __ target Iran.

So many people I talk to are convinced that Bush won’t attack Iran, perhaps as early as this spring or summer. Somehow, I hope this must-read article reaches them.

*See my February 2, 2007 post re Tom Engelhardt

No comments: