Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thanks to Heifer International and the Gates Foundation, 1 million people in Africa will have better lives

This morning as I went online, the first thing I saw was an e-mail alert from Caroline Bonnet, my friend and tireless organizer for Heifer International ,* "Heifer Receives 42.8 Million Grant from the Gates Foundation." The grant targets one million people living in poverty in Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda. I love good news! Check out the announcement, and join me celebrating this wonderful partnership between Heifer International and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

*See my previous posts: January 27, 2007,
"My end run around government" and July 21, 2007, "Heifer International - My refuge from the world of woes."

(photo and map from
Heifer International)

No comments: